Can the Classic Kit and Original Kit be used interchangeably? What are the
differences? How can I differentiate them from each other?
- No, they can not be used interchangeably. The differences include
the thickness of the board and the placement of the buttons.
- When choosing the right kit to buy, please refer to the controller
port of your controller:
- A. The long and flat one is the original model
- B. The short and narrow one is the Classic model
What devices are they compatible with?
- They are compatible with Switch, Windows 10, Android, macOS,
- They will auto reconnect to any device with the press of START once
it has they paired successfully.
How can I supgrade the firmware?
- A. Download the Firmware Updater from https://support.8bitdo.com/firmware-updater.html
- B. Connect the board to your computer via a USB cable
- C. Choose the right file for your kit to run
- a. the cable included in the packaging and the circular
port attached to the port are for power charging only.
- b. be extra careful with power port during the
procedure to avoid damaging it.
How can I
charge the controller when modded?
- The cable included in the packaging and the circular port attached
to the port are for charging the battery.
What should I do if my controller does not charge and there is no LED
indication of its charging?
- A. Open up the controller enclosure with the screwdriver provided in
- B. Connect the board to your PC via a USB cable
- C. LED turns on
- If there is no LED, it means the power port is damaged
Can I map
the buttons? What can I do if I incorrectly mapped the buttons?
- Yes, you can map the buttons. This is what you can do if the buttons
are incorrectly mapped:
- LEFT + Select : set Dpad as left analogue stick
- Up + Select : reset Dpad
- Right + Select : set Dpad as right analogue stick
- Down + Select : Swap A/B and X/Y mapping
- *Press and hold any of the key combinations above for 5
seconds to map the buttons.
- *LED will blink in red to indicate the success of each
- *You need to reset the buttons manually.
How can I charge my controller after modifying it? How long can the battery last
when fully charged?
- We suggest you use a phone power adapter to charge the battery.
- It uses a 180mAh rechargeable battery. It takes about one and half
an hour to fully and can last for about 10 hours.
Can I use it as a wired controller?
- No, you can not. The cable which comes with the board is a USB DC2.0
powering charging cable only.