What is the difference between M30 2.4G and M30 Bluetooth controller?
- The differences are:
- A. M30 2.4g - 2.4G wireless technology
- It has a dedicated 2.4g receiver included.
- It works with original Sega Genesis, Mega Drive model 1 & 2, Analogue Mega Sg.
- On USB connection, it works with Switch, Windows and Raspberry Pi.
- B. M30 Bluetooth controller - Bluetooth wireless technology
- It works with Switch, Windows, macOS, Android, Raspberry Pi as well as all the devices.
- 8BitDo Bluetooth receivers/adapters support.
- There are four LED lights on the bottom of the controller indicating the controller mode.
What systems does it work with?
- It works with original Sega Genesis, Mega Drive model 1 and 2, Analogue Mega Sg.
- If you wish to use it with Switch, Windows and Raspberry Pi, you need to use a USB cable for this.
Does it work with 8BitDo Bluetooth receivers/adapters?
- No, it does not. It only works with the 2.4g receiver which comes with it.
What do the two shoulder buttons do?
- When it is used with Mega Drive:
- L = Z
- R = C
- On USB connection:
- C = R1
- Z = L1
- L = L2
- R = R2
Can I use it with Sega Saturn, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U?
Can I use it on any device which uses the same controller port?
- This can not be guaranteed as different devices apply different output wattage.
Does it work with other 2.4g receivers by 8BitDo, for instance, SN30 2.4g receiver?
- No, it does not work any other 2.4g receiver except for the one which comes with this controller in the box.
Can I use two M30 2.4g on one Mega Drive?
- Yes, you can. One receiver for one controller port. One receiver for one controller.
What do 3 button mode and 6 button mode actually do?
- Since some games do not recognize 6 button mode, therefore, you need to swap it to 3 button mode which can be read and used by those games.
- To sway between these two modes: press and hold MODE button on the controller for 3 seconds. Blue LED on the receiver blinks twice to indicate the success of mode switching.
- *Default mode on the controller - 6 button mode.
How do I charge the controller? How long does the battery last when fully charged?
- We suggest you charge it via a phone power adapter.
- The controller uses 480mAh rechargeable battery with 1-2 hour charging time. The battery can last up to 35 hours when fully charged.