Mod Kit for Original Dogbone Controller FAQ
What systems does it work with? Does it auto reconnect to those systems?
- It turns the original controller to a wireless bluetooth controller first. The modified controller works with Switch, Windows, macOS, Android, Raspberry Pi as well as all the devices our retro receivers/adapters support.
- It auto reconnects to all the systems mentioned above once they have been successfully paired.
How can I upgrade the firmware?
- A. Download the Firmware Updater from https://support.8bitdo.com/firmware-updater.html first.
- B. Connect the board to your computer via a USB cable.
- C. Choose the right file for your kit to run.
- Note: a. the cable included in the packaging and the circular port attached to the port are for power charging only.
- b. be extra careful with power port during the procedure to avoid damaging it.
How can I charge the controller when modded?
- The cable included in the packaging and the circular port attached to the port are for charging the battery.
What should I do if my controller does not charge and there is no LED indication of its charging?
- A. Open up the controller enclosure with the screwdriver provided in the packaging.
- B. Connect the board to your PC via a USB cable.
- C. LED turns on.
- If there is no LED, it means the power port is damaged.
Can I map the buttons? What can I do if I incorrectly mapped the buttons?
- Yes, you can map the buttons. This is what you can do if the buttons are incorrectly mapped:
- LEFT + Select : set Dpad as left analogue stick
- Up + Select : reset Dpad
- Right + Select : set Dpad as right analogue stick
- Down + Select : Swap A/B and X/Y mapping
- *Press and hold any of the key combinations above for 5 seconds to map the buttons.
- *LED will blink in red to indicate the success of each button mapping.
- *You need to reset the buttons manually.
How can I charge my controller after modifying it? How long can the battery last when fully charged?
- We suggest you use a phone power adapter to charge the battery.
- It uses a 180mAh rechargeable battery. It takes about 1-2 hours to fully and can last for about 10 hours.
Can I use it as a wired controller?
- No, you can not. The cable which comes with the board is a USB powering charging cable only.