What devices/platforms does it work with to play games?
- It works with the Switch console, Windows 10/11 on PC, Android, and
Is the Pro 2 Wired Controller compatible with Linux, iOS or other operating
system to play games?
- No, but normally for Rasbperry Pi you can hold the B button and plug
the controller in to play.
is the USB cable of Pro 2 Wired Controller?
- The USB cable is 3 metres.
Does the 8BitDo Ultimate Software support this controller?
- Yes, but it is only available to use on Windows platform.
Is the Pro 2 Wired Controller able to play Android games?
- You can use an OTG converter to connect your Android device and
controller. Hold X or B button, then connect the controller to your
Android device to enter its X-input mode or D-input mode to play
Does Pro 2 Wired Controller have trigger vibration function?
- No, only the controller that is officially licensed by Xbox has this
feature. The Pro 2 Wired Controller has only two asymmetrical rumble
motors at the grip.
What can I do with the 8BitDo Ultimate Software? Is macro function available?
- 8BitDo Ultimate Software gives you elite control over every piece of
your controller: customizable button mapping, adjust stick & trigger
sensitivity, vibration control and create macros with any button
combination, press profile switch button to turn on/off and switch
between 3 custom profiles.
Does it have a mac version of the 8BitDo Ultimate Software on PC for Pro 2 Wired
- No, there is only a Windows PC version .
Is the connector of the cable USB-A or USB-C?
Does it have turbo function when use on PC?
- Yes, you can enable this feature and swap the star button to “Turbo”
in 8BitDo Ultimate Software.
Is the USB cable of the controller detachable?
- No, it is not detachable.
If I map L3 & R3 buttons to P1 & P2 back buttons, can I disable the L3 & R3
buttons input themselves?
- Yes, you can set L3 & R3 buttons as “null” in the 8BitDo Ultimate
have screenshot, home, turbo buttons and NFC, wake-up, motion controls
functions while use on Switch console?
- If the controller is connected to Switch, the star button
corresponds to screenshot and logo button corresponds to home, there
is no NFC, wake-up and motion controls function. When the controller
is on Switch working mode(Y+Start), you need to swap the star button
to “turbo” in the 8BitDo Ultimate Software to activate the turbo
function. If you use the controller on a PC or other devices in
X-input or D-input mode, the initial default input for star button
Why there is no respond when it’s connected to Raspberry Pi?
- The working modes of the devices that the Pro 2 Wired controller is
able to auto recognize and connect are normally X-input & Switch
mode whereas for the device like Raspberry Pi that is required to
use D-input, you need to manually activate the working mode as hold
the B button first, then connect the controller to the device.