There are three variants, what is the difference between them?
- The only difference is their physical appearance:
- A. Dpad
- Arrow pattern on SN and black editions
- Lines on G Classic edition
- B. A/B/X/Y buttons
- A/B are convex and X/Y are concave for SN edition
- A/B/X/Y are all convex shaped
- C. Body and button colours
- As for their compatibly, functionality and connectivity, they are the same.
Do they have Screenshot, Home, Turbo, NFC functions when connected to Switch? Can I also wake
up my Switch wirelessly with these controllers?
- When connected to Switch, you can find on these controllers:
- A. Screenshot = STAR button
- B. Home button = Logo button
- Turbo function can be set on its Ultimate Software.
- and NFC functions are not applicable here.
- You can not wake up your Switch wirelessly with this controller.
What systems does it work with? Does it auto reconnect to those systems?
- SN30 Pro+ is a bluetooth controller, so it works with Switch, Windows 10,
macOS, Android, Raspberry Pi.
- It auto reconnects to all the systems mentioned above with the press of
START once they have been successfully paired.
Can I use it with 8BitDo retro receivers and adapters?
- Yes, you can. Here is the procedure to follow:
- A. Press START to turn on the controller
- B. Press PAIR button on top of the controller to enter its
- C. Press the button on the receiver/adapter, LED on the
receiver/adapter blinks rapidly
- D. LED becomes solid when connection is successful
My controller does
not turn on anymore. Nothing happens when I press on it. What should I do?
- Please follow the procedure below to fix the issue:
- A. Remove the battery pack from the controller first then put
- B. Press and hold L1+R1+START for 3 seconds to enter its
upgrade mode. Red Power LED will turn on.
- C. Go to https://support.8bitdo.com/ to get Upgrade Tools and
upgrade its system following the instructions.
- D. Restart the controller and follow the instruction manual
provided on our website afterwards.
My SN30 Pro+ does
not connect to my Switch, no matter how many times I have tried. What should I do?
- One Switch can only connect to 10 controllers the most, the connectivity
issue you are facing can be caused by your Switching connecting to too many
controllers already. Please follow the procedure below to fix it:
- A. Click on ‘System Settings’ on Home page of your Switch.
Choose ‘Controllers and Sensors’ on this page.
- B. Click on ‘Disconnect Controllers’ to disconnect the
- C. Click on ‘OK’ when the process is done.
- D. Restart your Switch and go back to ‘System Settings’ and
choose ‘Change Grip/Order’.
- E. Re-sync the controller to your Switch from scratch. Y+START
is the key combination for putting the controller on the right mode.
What are the four small LEDs for on the bottom of the controller?
- They are controller mode indicators:
- A. LED 1 blinking: D-input mode
- B. LED 2 blinking: X-input mode (Xbox 360 mode)
- C. LED 3 blinking: macOS mode
- D. LED Rotating: Switch mode or pairing mode
- E. Solid LED: connection is successful
- *It also indicates the player mode when connected to Switch
How can I make sure the button mapping on this controller is as Switch Pro not Xbox when it is
connected to Steam?
- Just follow the procedure as below:
- A. Press and hold Y+START to turn on the controller
- B. Press and hold pairing button for 3 seconds to pair them
- C. Find ‘Switch Pro support’ & ‘Nintendo button mapping’ on
Steam Control Setting and click on them
How do I charge the controller? How long does it last when fully charged? How long can two AA
- We suggest you charge it via a phone power adapter with the USB cable which
comes with the controller.
- The controller uses 1000mAh rechargeable battery pack with 4 hour charging
time. The battery pack can last up to 20 hours when fully charged.
- As for how long can two AA batteries last, it depends the battery itself.
Can I use it wired, via a USB-C cable?
- Yes, you can. You can connect it to Switch, Windows 10, Android, Raspberry
Pi and macOS using a USB cable.
Does this controller use HD rumble or a normal rumble?
- It uses a normal rumble, not HD rumble. You can turn on/off the vibration
and alter the sensitivity via our Ultimate Software.
How many SN30 Pro+ controllers can I use at a time?
- It depends on the number of controllers each device can take. Multiple SN30
Pro+ controllers can be used at a time.
What is the Bluetooth range?
- 10 meters. This controller functions the best within the range of 5 meters.