What is the difference between SN30Pro SN edition and SN30Pro G Classic edition?
- The difference is their exterior design only.
- A. Texture on the Dpad
- B. Button colours
- C. Buttons shapes
- D. Enclosure colours
- As for system compatibility and functionality, they are the same.
Do they have Screenshot, Home, Turbo, NFC
functions when connected to Switch? Can I also wake up my Switch
wirelessly with this controllers?
- When connected to Switch, you can find on these controllers:
- A. Screenshot = STAR button
- B. Home button = Logo button
- Turbo and NFC functions are not applicable here
- When connected to other devices, you can find on these controllers:
- A. Turbo button = STAR button
- No, you can not wake up your Switch wirelessly with this controllers
What systems do they work with? Do they auto
reconnect to those systems?
- They work with Switch, Windows 10, macOS, Android, Raspberry Pi.
- They auto reconnect to all the systems mentioned above with the
press of START once they have been successfully paired.
Does it work with PS5, Xbox Series, PS3, PS4,
Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U?
What is the difference between SN30 Pro and N30
- The differences are:
- A. Shoulder button physical layout
- SN30 Pro – two level placement for R1/R2 and L1/L2.
- N30 Pro 2 – one level placement for R1/R2 and L1/L2.
- B. LED indicators
- SN30 Pro – four small LED lights placed on the bottom
of the controller.
- N30 Pro 2 – two long narrow curved lights on the sides.
- C. Motor and thumb stick cap size
- SN30 Pro - eccentric shaft gear motor and 17mm diameter
thumb stick cap.
- N30 Pro 2 – Linear vibration motor and 11mm diameter
thumb stick cap.
My controller does not turn on anymore. Nothing
happens when I press on it. What should I do?
- Please follow the procedure below to fix the issue:
- A. Press and hold START for 8 seconds
- B. Press and hold L1+R1+START for 3 seconds to enter
its upgrade mode. Red Power LED will turn on
- C. Go to https://support.8bitdo.com/firmware-updater.html
to get Upgrade Tools and upgrade its system following the
- D. Restart the controller and follow the instruction
manual provided on our website afterwards
How can I make sure the button mapping on this
controller is as Switch Pro not Xbox controller when it is connected to
- Just follow the procedure as below:
- A. Press and hold Y+START to turn on the controller
- B. Press and hold pairing button for 3 seconds to pair
- C. Find ‘Switch Pro support’ & ‘Nintendo button
mapping’ and click on them
What are the four small LEDs for on the bottom of the controller?
- They are controller mode indicators:
- A. LED 1 blinking: D-input mode
- B. LED 2 blinking: X-input mode (Xbox 360 mode)
- C. LED 3 blinking: macOS mode
- D. LED Rotating: Switch mode or pairing mode
- E. Solid LED: connection is successful
- *It also indicates the player mode when connected to
How do I charge the controller? How long does
the battery last when fully charged?
- We suggest you charge it via a phone power adapter.
- The controller uses 480mAh rechargeable battery with 1-2 hour
charging time. The battery can last up to 18 hours when fully
Can I use it wired, via a USB-C cable?
- Yes, you can. You can connect it to Switch, Windows 10, Android,
Raspberry Pi and macOS using a USB cable.
My SN30 Pro does not connect to Switch no matter
how many times I have tried. What should I do?
- This might be caused by there are too many controllers connected to
your Switch, as one Switch can take up to 10 controllers at a time
maximum. Please follow the steps below to fix it:
- A. Go to ‘System Setting’ on your Switch, then click on
‘Controllers and Sensors’ to disconnect the controllers which are
connected to it
- B. Restart your Switch
- C. Press and hold Y+START to turn back on the
controller. Press the pairing button on the controller for 3 seconds
- D. Go back to ‘System Settings’ and choose ‘Change
Grip/Order’ to pair them
Does this controller use HD rumble or a normal rumble?
- It uses a normal rumble, not HD rumble.
How many SN30 Pro controllers can I use at a time?
- It depends on the number of controllers each device can take.
Multiple SN30 Pro controllers can be used at a time.
What is the Bluetooth range?
- 10 meters. This controller functions the best within the range of 5