What systems does it work with?
- It works with Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox One.
What is the
difference between Short edition and Long edition?
- The long edition is a full version remote with numeral buttons, navigation,
media control, and Xbox button.
- The short edition is a simple version without numeral buttons.
Does 8BitDo Media
Remote support Fly Mouse?
- No, it doesn't. This infrared remote can control Up, Down, Left, and Right
movement at a constant speed.
What can I do if
the control is not sensitive?
- Please aim directly at your Xbox and ensure there is no obstruction between
8BitDo media remote and the console when using.
- Use within 8 meters directly in front of Xbox console, the strong light may
- When the backlight stops lighting up, please change the battery. Don't mix
old and new batteries.
How to open the
- Please slide the battery compartment cover upward to open it.
Why volume control
- To control your TV and other media devices' volume through the Xbox console,
please ensure that your device supports HDMI-CEC and this function is
enabled. You can consult your device manufacturer for more details.
What functions can
be achieved through HDMI-CEC by controlling Xbox console with 8BitDo Media
- Once CEC is enabled on your TV or AVR, you can control individual CEC
settings on the console's TV & A / V power options settings screen.
- Console turns on / off other devices: Turning on / off your Xbox console
will also turn on / off your TV or AVR.
- Console sends volume commands: The console can control the volume on your
TV, AVR, or soundbar.
Why some buttons
- Certain features are available only in certain countries and regions.
How do I turn off
the remote? Why the backlit keeps blinking sometimes?
- The backlit turns off after 5 seconds of no operation. When the backlit
keeps blinking or stops lighting up, please change the battery.
How to sync the
media remote to the Xbox console?
- 8BitDo Media Remote will control your Xbox console via Infrared when in
range, no pairing needed.